Dance in the Water Lilies • Emmanuel Eggermont, “ABERRATION”
7pm and 8:30pm - Water Lilies Room
In an enigmatic, offbeat and absurd universe, Emmanuel Eggermont takes possession of the Water Lilies at the Orangerie for a show filled with disturbing sensations.
In a series of attempts to recover the senses as one recovers one's sight, this solo piece created and performed by the choreographer is designed to feel like a landslide into a shifted and subtly absurd universe.
Referring to the origin of the term in astronomy, meaning a difference between the apparent direction of a star and its real direction, ABERRATION underlies a choreographic study that tests our ability to conceive the perspectives for reconstruction after a sudden deviation of a life trajectory. For this, it relies for example on the study of optical aberrations. On how geometric and chromatic distortions of an image enrich its perception. Eggermont begins by questioning white, to offer a redefinition of form and color. This choreographic wandering redefines form and color and provokes a variation of unsettling sensations like that of going to sleep as David Bowie and waking up as Ziggy Stardust.
- Artistic collaboration: Jihyé Jung
- Original music: Julien Lepreux
- Lighting design: Alice Dussart
- Artistic consultant: Élise Vandewalle
- Production: L'Anthracite
- Co-productions: CCN de Tours directed by Thomas Lebrun, ADC Genève, Le Gymnase | CDCN Roubaix - Hauts-de-France, La Maison CDCN Uzès Gard Occitanie, Le Tandem Scène Nationale, POLE-SUD CDCN / Strasbourg, Théâtre de Nîmes - classified as a publicly subsidized stage of national interest for Art and Creation - contemporary dance Aides DRAC Hauts-de-France, Région Hauts-de-France Soutien SPEDIDAM Project supported within the framework of the Etape Danse program, initiated by the French Institute of Germany - Office of Theater and Dance, in partnership with the Maison CDCN Uzès Gard Occitanie, the Théâtre de Nîmes - classified as a publicly subsidized stage of national interest for Art and Creation - contemporary dance, the fabrik Potsdam, and Interplay International Festival contemporary dance (Turin) in collaboration with La Lavanderia a Vapore / Fondazione Piemonte dal Vivo (Piemonte) and the help of the DGCA - Ministry of Culture and of the City of Potsdam. Emmanuel Eggermont is an associate artist at the Centre Chorégraphique National de Tours, directed by Thomas Lebrun (2019-2023).
Doors open at 6:30pm
- Monday 13 February 7.00pm, 8.30pm Salle des Nymphéas