To ensure the safety of our visitors, the Musée de l'Orangerie is strictly applying the security measures decided by the French authorities.
The museum is fully opened.
The introduction of carry-on luggages ("cabin luggage"), maximum format, is allowed.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and delay which may be caused by the extra security measures at the entrance.
The Musée de l'Orangerie is open daily from 9am to 6pm except Tuesdays, 1 May, the morning of 14 July, and 25 December.
Last admission at 5.15pm
Museum cleared from 5.45pm
Warning: limited access to Water Lilies
- Thursday, June 20, 2019, closing of the second room of the Water Lilies from 5pm
- Friday, June 21, 2019, closing of the second room of the Water Lilies from 9am to 1pm
Photography in the museum
Taking photographs is permitted, as long as this does not become a visual or audible source of irritation for other visitors.
In the exhibition Franz Marc/August Macke. The Adventure of the Blue Rider, taking photographs is permitted, except in front of certain works identified with an icon.
Musée de l’Orangerie
Jardin de Tuileries
Place de la Concorde (on the side of the river Seine)
In case of demonstrations or external events, for security reasons, access to the Tuileries Garden may be limited to the following entries:
- Louvre side (General Lemonnier Avenue)
- Seine / Léopold Sedar Senghor bridge
- Rue de Rivoli, level Rue de Castiglione
Metro: lines 1, 8, 12, Concorde station
Buses: lines 24, 42, 52, 72, 73, 84, 94, Concorde stop
- Place de la Concorde (corner of avenue Gabriel and place de la Concorde)
- Tuileries (38, rue du Mont Thabor)
- Pyramides (15, rue des Pyramides)
- Carrousel du Louvre (access via avenue du Général Lemonnier)
252, rue de Rivoli
- 119, rue de Lille
- 2, rue Cambon